Fix For Logitech Quickcam Driver V10 And 100% Cpu Problem On Win Xp
Marratech User Forum > Marratech > Marratech Client
magnus
Marratech users on Windows XP with Logitech QuickCams (USB 2.0) have reported that they get 100% CPU load with the 10.0.0.1438 version (file name qc1000enu.exe) of the driver.

Logitech support has acknowledged that this is a know issue and that they are working on a fix.

The current workaround is to download the earlier version of Quickcam software from:

http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/qu...am/qc950enu.exe

Magnus
Serge
As a follow up to this, I posted the compatible, working driver on our own website, until the fix promised by Logitech is released. You can find it here.

Also, I wrote a small guide to help people get rid of all the unwanted software from the driver file. The guide is here.
Serge
Further update, the new driver is now expected before the end of this month. Cross your fingers. wacko.gif

/Serge
jscanlan_001
QUOTE(Serge Lachapelle @ Nov 14 2006, 06:18 PM) *
Further update, the new driver is now expected before the end of this month. Cross your fingers. wacko.gif

/Serge

Where did you get this info from - I am being asked by a new customer who bought 20 Logitech cameras for implementation 1st December - they are getting worried.

They are considering sending them back and going for Creative.
jscanlan_001
QUOTE(jscanlan_001 @ Nov 15 2006, 04:29 PM) *
Where did you get this info from - I am being asked by a new customer who bought 20 Logitech cameras for implementation 1st December - they are getting worried.

They are considering sending them back and going for Creative.

You can also register on this page to recieve an email once it's fixed.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...hp?p_faqid=5336
Serge
The information comes from a personal sources that I cannot post here. Let us say it is very trustworthy. There are no issues with the cameras your customer ordered if the use the version of the driver posted in this thread.
Peter Parnes
Peter C posted a possible new solution to the problem:
t1933.html

Note that Marratech has not tested this suggestion (yet).
Serge
Logitech has now posted a fix for this important issue.

The driver is available here:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/download...contentid=11022

I have quickly tested it with a Logitech Notebook Pro 2 camera on Windows XP SP2 with all the patches and everything is fine. Version 10.0.0 caused the processor use to go to 100%, while this version the processor use behaves normally.

The driver weighs in at an amazing 130 MB in size, but if you choose to do a custom install, you can choose to only install the driver and not the dozens of various softwares included. I also recommend disabling the Logitech Messenger function when asked during the install. (The less system tray applications the better)

I also chose not to install the VOIP Management features, as all those features are in Marratech 6.1 already.

Let us hope this fixes not only my setup, but yours as well! Please post about it here!
Serge
Logitech has updated its drivers again, hopefully having worked out the last bugs. Reports are positive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2009 Invision Power Services, Inc.