Howto Start Marratech From Firefox 2 On Mac Os X
Marratech User Forum > Marratech > Marratech Client
Serge
Hi!

It seems that Mac OS X requires a few steps in Firefox 1.5 and 2.0 to launch Marratech from a weblink. (MeetNow!, or what we engineers call Java Web Start! )

It seems that Apple wants us to use Safari, but Firefox is my browser of choice. Here is how to make Firefox download / update / launch Marratech via Firefox 2:
  1. Click the .jnlp file attached to this post (below)and select Open with: Java Web Start (default).

Check the Do this automatically for files like this from now on box. Press OK. (The OK button is greyed out, but still works) Trust Marratech and your client will Launch.
  2. Quit Marratech and Quit Firefox 2.0
  3. Open Firefox 2.

4. Open the Preferences...

5. Select Content tab and press the Manage button. Select the JNLP file association and press the Change action button.

6. Select the Open them with this application: option and press Browse...

7. Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Java and select the Java Web Start application and press Open.
  8. Close the Preferences and point Firefox to your Manager. Join a room and you will be done.
Hope this helps, I wish it were easier, I will file a bug.
Peter Parnes
Wow, that was complicated. Thanks for posting the instructions!
Serge
Anyone with a little Firefox knowledge is more than welcome to help!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2009 Invision Power Services, Inc.